5 Simple Steps to Bike Happiness...
So, you have decided to take the plunge and give your bike a facelift, congratulations! The process is really very simple. Listed below are the basic steps you need to do to get the ball rolling.
1. Give us a call or shoot us an email so that we can talk a bit about the bike, get some contact info and discuss what you would like to have done and a price estimate.
2. You will need to go online and pick out the color (or colors) that you would like to have your bike painted (this is the hard part). You will need to purchase 2lb of powder for a standard road/mountain bike. You will purchase the powder from PBTP and have it shipped to our location listed at the bottom of this page. Be sure to use your last name as the PO# for the order. If you have ANY questions about the powder just give me a call, I have shot most of the powders listed and have a good idea as to what works and what does not.
3. Now, get the bike stripped down as far as you are comfortable doing and pack it in a box. You can ship it via FedEx, UPS or USPS, whatever works best for you. If you don't have a box already just go to your local bike store and ask for a "bike box", they will usually give one to you for free. Shipping a bike frame is pretty inexpensive, usually around $15.00 -25.00 depending on where you are located.
4. We will receive the bike and the powder that your ordered, do the work requested and pack the bike back up for transit. It usually takes about a week to process a bike. I will send you an email letting you know your beautiful bike is complete and ready to go home.
5. Payment....If you dropped off your bike with us locally then you can swing by and pay up, drool over your bike and go spread the good word about Groody Brothers! If you shipped us your bike then we can send you a "PayPal" invoice and get paid that way, or we can get a credit card payment. We prefer Paypal since the cc's charge us a larger fee. Once we get the payment we ship the bike home and send you a tracking number.
And, it is as simple as that! We have painted over 500+ bikes from across the nation to very satisfied customers. Give us a call on your next project, we would love to work with you on it!
Groody Brothers c/o
Russell Steel Products
2221 Metropolitan Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66106
913-831-4600 x.105 (david)